Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Skincare: Legs & Body


skin care routine


  When it comes to skin care routines, I can be a little lazy. I always hated moisturizing. The whole process of lathering lotion all over my body and rubbing it all in is just something I don't enjoy doing! So of course when the spray on moisturizer came out a few years ago, you know I was all over that! It's fast application and dries with no residue.




Now let's talk shaving. I'm guilty of using my body wash in the shower to shave when I run out of shaving cream, and I don't mean for just one day. <insert scared face emoji> In the winter my skin has been so dry from the lack of TLC given to my legs, so when this summer came I knew I had to put an end to my dull legs and bring them back life! 

I realized that I need to exfoliate before shaving. As we know, exfoliating removes dead skin and by doing so, you get the cleanest slate for your razor to get the closest shave.
Meet my two new best friends:

dry skin

This sugar scrub is formulated with oat kernel and avocado oils and smells so good.
I apply it starting at my ankles and scrub/massage up in circular motions. The sugar granules aren't rough at all, like some exfoliators can be. (If you're feeling a DIY , you can totally just make your own exfoliator )I then rinse the scrub off and apply the shave oil one leg at a time. This shave oil is made with organic shea butter and blend of natural oils. I have gotten the closest shave and my legs are the smoothest they've ever been! (boyfriend agrees :D ) I definitely would like to try out more of this brand's products!

Sugar Scrub

Finally, there's the in-shower body lotion. This is right up my alley. Right before I get out of the shower I apply this and the result is not disappointing. It does exactly what it claims to do which is moisturize, hydrate and leaves no sticky residue.  I am especially excited to use this lotion in the winter when my skin is the most dry. Getting out of the hot shower in the winter time is dreadful and the last thing I want to do is use my spray on moisturizer. So this is perfect.

skincare routine





Xo Tres Chic

No comments:

Post a Comment