Thursday, September 1, 2016

ColourPop Cosmetics Lip Gloss


colour pop


    My lip gloss obsession started at about 11 years old when I'd get Lip Smackers products in my stocking for Christmas, thanks Mom! I had it all, sparkle, shiny, clear, flavors! you name it. Lip gloss was my thing and something I felt naked without. 
This lip gloss was my LIFE when I was about 13 years old- haha!

  I grew out of the lip gloss phase when I was probably about 20 years old, and since then I have been wearing regular/liquid lipstick. I bought a few glosses here and there throughout the years from the drug store, but could never find anything that I became hooked on.


I always want to try the high-end lip glosses but since I prefer lipsticks over gloss, I would rather splurge on them and spend less on gloss. So when I saw that Colour Pop launched their new Ultra Glossy Lip, I figured why not give these a try. Of course I was tempted by swatches of pretty, creamy glosses. Once again ColourPop reeled me right in! oh, and hello? They are $6.00!


swatches with flash- please ignore my curling wand scar where the word floss is!



These glosses come in four types of finish: metallic, creme, sheer, and glossy. First up I have a creme finish called Weho. It is described as a creamy beige finish, and that's exactly what it is.It is the perfect nude. It glides on so smooth and is super opaque on the lips. I try not to rub my lips together after applying so that it keeps the opaque look. With this particular color, I use a natural colored lip liner to prevent the gloss from bleeding. They're not sticky or tacky whatsoever but obviously, not transfer proof, so be prepared to see your lips all over your Starbuck's cup. :)

colour pop lip gloss weho
Weho Creme finish

colour pop
Weho Creme finish


Next up is Bestie, which is also a creme finish. It is a mid-tone pink nude. I love this color pink in a gloss. It is the perfect pink for my skin-tone. I also have been layering  these glosses on top of a lipstick.

bestie lip gloss
Bestie Creme finish


Finally, I have a sheer finish. This one is called Fairy Floss. It is described as  a pale beige. I like this one for adding just a little shine to my lips but my natural lip color is still showing. It is also perfect on top of nude lipstick.
colour pop lip gloss
Fairy Floss sheer finish


I love these formulas, and glad that I took the risk if ordering them and giving some lip gloss another chance! 


Xo TresChic 
-MJ 



No comments:

Post a Comment