Thursday, September 22, 2016

Best Face Products for Sensitive Skin

                      

Unfortunately, I am one of those who was blessed with sensitive skin. I have those rosy cheeks that people tend to think are adorable, but I wish would go away. Over the years I have tried many products that diminish the redness as well as make my skin feel good. After much trial and error, I have found several products that seem to work well for me. Though everyone's skin is different, I feel as though these products are worth a try for anyone with sensitive skin or even those with other skin types.

Makeup Eraser
                                

I know when you look at this it looks like a basic hand towel. I also wondered about the validity of this odd product before I started using it. The basic idea is you are supposed to fully wet this cloth and wipe your face with it removing all of your make up with it. I was skeptical at first, but it actually does a pretty good job. I still like to go over my face with eye makeup remover and cleasing water to fully remove all of the makeup I cover my face with. The best part about the Makeup Eraser is that it is incredibly soft and does not cause any irritation.

Eye Makeup Remover
                                

I have tried a TON of eye makeup removers. Either they are so strong that they irritate my eyes and leave them sore and red or they don't remove any of my make-up. I started using the Neutrogena oil free makeup remover and I feel like it is the best of both worlds. It does a good job of removing my makeup without causing any redness or irritation.

Cleansing Water
                            
I am not too picky about cleansing waters. I have used a couple different ones in the past and they all seem to work pretty well and and fairly gentle. This Micellar Cleansing Water by Garnier does what its supposed to. It removes my makeup and feels as gentle as water.

Face Wash
                                   

A lot of people, myself included, feel that it is enough to just use eye makeup remover and cleansing water to clean your face. However, neither of these products are actually meant to really deep clean the skin. They were invented to remove makeup. After you remove your makeup, you still need to clean your skin. That's where face wash comes in. I feel like a good face wash is the hardest thing to find when you have sensitive skin. I have tried many and some are irritating, some have a weird consistency, and some feel like they do nothing. This redness solutions soothing cleanser by Clinique is my favorite face wash. It has a creamy smooth consistency and it leaves my face feeling calm and clean. It is a little bit pricey, but I think it is well worth it. Plus, it is formulated to help with redness.

Toner

                                  

I have to be honest until very recently, I had absolutely no idea what tone actually did and why I should waste my time using it. A toner is a a liquid solution that removes dirt, oil, and left over makeup from the skin. Good toners add moisture to your skin and helps prep your skin for moisturizer. Toners are great for any skin type. Toners are made from different products depending on what your skin needs. This Eau Roma Water Toner from lush contains rose water which is great for sensitive skin and for hydration.  Toner should be used after the face is well cleansed.

Moisturizer

                                    

Lush is a great company for those with sensitive skin. They use ingredients that are safe and natural. They also have a lot of products that are geared towards sensitive skin. This Celestial face moisturizer is the best. It has a light scent that is in no way over powering. It goes on the skin smoothly and adds a lot of moisture without causing irritation. I have been using it for about six months and I feel like my skin has never looked better.

Though it can be hard to find products that work for your skin, I hope these products will help keep your skin calm and feeling good. Definitely give them a try, especially if you, too, have sensitive skin. If anyone has any other holy grail skin products, let me know in the comments below.

XO Tres Chic Lifestyle

No comments:

Post a Comment