Wednesday, July 13, 2016

M&M Cookie Bars

        

Recently I've been craving M&M cookies. The type you might find at Mrs. Fields. They tend to be my cookie of choice whenever I buy cookies. Even the smell of cookies makes my mouth water for them. There's just something about cookies with candy, especially M&Ms that I just love. 

I've  been looking for a recipe that has a similar taste to those very familiar cookies. While on the hunt, I happened to stumble upon this incredibly easy recipe for M&M Cookie Bars, so I thought I'd give them a try. It turns out that not only were they super easy to make they were absolutely delicious as well. They are gooey and moist with a deliciously buttery flavor not to mention the scrumptious taste of M&Ms in each bite. 


This recipe requires very few ingredients and very little time, which it turns out is extremely dangerous because you will want to make them all of the time! All you need is cake mix( suspicious, I know, but trust me it turns out great!) and a few other ingredients. You won't even need a mixer or any fancy baking equipment, just a bowl, a spoon, and about a half an hour. 

              

Now I know every time I have a craving for M&M cookies, I can simply whip up this recipe in no time flat. So here it is, the most dangerous recipe I have found in a long time. 

M&M Cookie bars

Ingredients 
1 (15.25 ounce) box of yellow cake mix (I used Duncan Hines)
2 eggs
1 stick of melted butter
1/2 teaspoon of vanilla 
1 (2 cup) bag of plain M&Ms ( if you're feeling adventurous, you could try a different variety!)

Directions 

Preheat your oven to 350°F. Spray a 9X13 inch pan with cooking spray. Then, using aluminum foil or parchment paper line the pan, making sure to leave a little overhang to help you remove the bars from the pan after they are baked. Spray the pan again making sure to fully cover the foil or parchment  paper.

Add cake mix, melted butter, eggs, and vanilla to a large bowl and mix well to combine. Add the M&Ms to the bowl and mix until they are fully incorporated.

              
Spread mixture in prepared pan, making sure the mixture is spread evenly.

             

Place the pan in the oven and bake for 15 to 20 minutes ( mine was done closer to 20 minutes). You will know it's ready when the edges turn golden brown and the middle is mostly set. The middle may not feel completely set, which is fine, however, you do not want the middle to be too underdone. I use a toothpick to test the center. A few moist crumbs are fine, but loose batter is not. 
            

Once the bars are cooked, remove them from the oven and let them cool in the pan until they come to room temperature. After they cool, remove them from the pan and slice into as many pieces as you would like. Lastly, make sure to savor each delicious bite! Oh, and you might want to hide the rest from yourself because otherwise you might eat them all in one sitting. I hope you enjoy this delicious treat. Make sure to share with your friends and family!

            
Recipe adapted from Cookies and Cups


XO Tres Chic Lifestyle 

No comments:

Post a Comment