Friday, May 20, 2016

DIY Seasonal Wreaths

When I moved out of my parent's house and into my own place, one piece of decor I wanted first was a door wreath. I went out to Homegoods and Target to look for one. I found one that I liked at Homegoods, but even for their prices being so low, they were all so over priced!  I started to think about how I would want a wreath for each season and I really didn't want to spend $30 or more dollars for each one. So that's when I decided to make my own. I went to Michael's craft store and bought a 18" wreath which was only $4.99. Since it was autumn I bought some leaves, and other fall accents to create my wreath. My total spent was no more than $20.00 dollars! I didn't use any hot glue since I planned on using the same grapevine wreath again. This is what I came up with:  


fall wreath


 When the holidays approached, surprisingly I didn't make one as much as I wanted to. I used some type of garland wreath I already had. When spring rolled around I jumped right on the project. I chose colors that are versatile for spring and summer. I even reused my cute little bird!

summer wreath


Now that it's May and summer is approaching, I was in the mood to make a patriotic wreath. Here is picture of the spring one taken apart. 


Now let's get started.  First you'll need to go to any craft store to buy a wreath and any things you want to attach to it. When I did my first one, I placed things onto the wreath in the store to get an idea of how I wanted it to look and how much stuff that I would need for it.  Most of the time everything is on sale which is awesome!















After you have everything you need, lay everything out. Like I said earlier, I don't use any glue, just scissors. Use hot glue if you want to make your wreath permanent.




 Next, I trimmed the long picks/stems from the flowers. I didn't cut any from the spring wreath because everything slid right into the wreath without any crazy sticks popping out.


             





After I trim the flowers I start to map out where I am going to insert everything into the wreath. I like to make the left and right sides have the bulk of the flowers. 









I had a flag and a flower left over.


I probably take a good 5-10 minutes laying everything onto the wreath in a variety of ways until I like how everything is arraanged. Then voila!


4th of july wreath
4th of july wreath


XO Tres Chic Lifestyle

No comments:

Post a Comment