Thursday, May 12, 2016

LUSH Face Products


The first time I walked into a Lush store, I was overwhelmed.  I really just wanted to touch everything without being asked any questions! The shop is small, yet packed with an array of product and  impressive, colorful displays. ( that's where they get ya! )  If you're not familiar with Lush, they are a cosmetic brand that produces 100% vegetarian products for the face, hair, and body. For me, it all started with Angels On Bare Skin.



1 down- many more to go!




On this particular day at Lush, I was looking for a face cleanser. I told the sales associate that my forehead tends to be dry, and that I have redness around my nose . She recommended AOBS, and it's now a staple in my cleansing routine. AOBS is a kaolin clay base with ground almonds and lavender flowers. I've seen a huge improvement in my skin since using this. My forehead has less dryness and the redness in my face is more calm. I use it every morning, and night after removing my makeup.





I've always used makeup remover wipes to remove makeup, but I wanted  something better. I still use them for quick removal, but I like to use Ultrabland on days I know my face needs a little more TLC when removing my makeup. Ultrabland is a cleanser  made up of essential oils, honey, and beeswax. After using it, my face feels lovely! That's the only way I can put it! It does have a thick, greasy consistency, but it has to be used a specific way. You put it all over your dry face, if it's wet it will be a mess! Once it is applied all over your face, take a dampened wash cloth and wipe it off. That's it, your face will feel fresh, clean, and nourished!


Almost gone!


Another cleanser I use is Herbalism. I use this one particularly on my chin. (damn hormones! ) Herbalism has rice bran which helps with excess oil, a blend of rosemary, nettle, and chamomile. My chin usually takes long to heal from breakouts, but this cleanser helps soothe the area. 




Now let's talk moisturizer. I was always enticed by Lush's moisturizers, but the price of them stopped me from buying one. They range from $24.95-$87.95. Say what!? Fast forward to a day at Lush when I was picking up more cleanser, I caved in. I went with the Vanishing Cream. It contains lavender to balance oil production, witch hazel for pore-tightening and eliminating blemishes, and grape seed oil to soften. A little goes a long way, so I make sure to use a small dab. I use it after cleansing with AOBS. After using this cream for 7 months, it's kept my skin conditioned and feeling fresh. 

Finally, there's the Lush fresh face masks. I'm talking about this one because its the last one that I had, but I honestly love every single one I've tried. This one is called Don't Look At Me.It contains lemon juice which helps break down dead skin cells. This mask definitely made my face feel bright and smoother where I have dry skin. Since the masks are fresh, they need to be kept refrigerated. When I have a fresh face mask, I use it after cleansing.
Image from Lushusa.com



One more thing, Lush recycles and remolds their black pots. Bring back 5 clean Lush pots with the logo and you get a fresh face mask free! Can't beat that :)  If you haven't checked out Lush yet, I highly recommend you do. There's so much more to the company than just cosmetics. LUSH



Xo Tres Chic Lifestyle

No comments:

Post a Comment