Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Favorite MAC Lipsticks

 MAC lipsticks are seen as a beauty essential for any makeup lover. Many people have their favorite lipstick shades. Although preferences in makeup can be subjective, there are some MAC shades that I believe have a great color and formula and some that do not. MAC lipsticks come in a variety of formulas. Though I have many favorite lipstick brands, I find MAC lipsticks, in general, have good consistency, color payoff, and packaging. Below, are some of my favorite mac shades. The ones mentioned are still widely available on the MAC website or other retailers.





MAC Cremesheen in Creme Cup

 I love this shade! It is a beautiful light pink. This is a perfect spring shade that, I believe, would look great on many different skin tones. Though this is more of a neutral shade, it is not so light that it looks odd on pale skin. It has a slightly sheerer formula, but has a creamier texture that makes it comfortable to wear. The only negative that I have found, is that it is not as long lasting as I would have liked.





MAC Glaze in Hue

 
My original reason for purchasing this particular shade was to find a lipstick similar to the one Audrey Hepburn wore in Breakfast at Tiffany's. This was the shade that was recommended to me. It is a pretty good match to the lipstick worn in the movie. It is a neutral peachy-pink toned lipstick. The Glaze formula allows it to glide on well. It is not as creaming or hydrating as the Cremesheen formula, but it is not drying either. I love this lipstick with Spring and Summer looks, but also for a chic nighttime makeup look.





MAC Matte in Please Me


 This shade is a deeper mauve-pink that is very matte. Though I love a good matte lipstick, the formula is slightly drying. It is important to have well exfoliated and moisturized lips for this shade. This color is worth the extra work. It is a shade that can be worn both day and night. It also has a great color payoff and great lasting power.




MAC Viva Glam Matte in Ariana Grande

 This is by far the most dramatic shade of MAC lipstick I own. I love deep berry lipsticks, and this fits the mark. It is a matte shade, and like Please Me can be drying if the lips are not prepped properly. This shade is perfect for fall and winter or evenings. I would recommend using this shade with a lipliner to make the color last longer.





Let me know which MAC lipsticks you love!

XO Tre Chic Lifestyle

No comments:

Post a Comment