Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Becca X Jaclyn Hill Champagne Glow Face Palette

OK, so I wasn't going to buy this face palette due to telling myself I wouldn't "need it". I actually  had it in my cart and ready to check out, when Jaclyn did an early release the night of her launch party. I stopped myself!  I was more interested in the eyeshadow palette, but as most of us know, that was pulled out of the collection.  When the store release date rolled around on June 16th, I still wanted to see this palette and do some swatch action so I ran by to check it out. I loved it, but I was still hesitant because I wasn't sure if I'd love the colors on me. So I looked around for a good 10 minutes and wound up buying something else. I left the store, and within 10 minutes I was back at Sephora exchanging the Anastasia Modern Renaissance eyeshadow palette for this beautiful champagne glow palette. I had serious FOMO as they say (fear of missing out) haha! I am pleased with my decision of purchasing it especially since it is limited edition. Here it is!

champagne glow face palette


champagne glow palette

The box also includes a sample of the Becca backlight priming filter which is cool, since I've never tried that. Now onto the glowy goodness! The palette includes three blushes. Two are mineral matte which are Amaretto and Pamplemousse, and then the luminous blush is called Rose Spritz. For the two highlighters, one is well known Champagne Pop and the new one called Prosecco Pop.



jaclyn hill


prosecco pop
champagne glow palette

So far all of these blushes are perfect on my fair skin. Rose Spritz is my favorite out of the three. It is a soft peachy pink with pale gold shimmer. Amaretto is described as a matte toasted almond, and Pamplemousse is a matte warm coral pink. I like those too mixed and applied on my skin ever so lightly!    

highlighter palette
rose spritz, amaretto, pamplemousse
champagne glow


 As for the highlighters, I love both! Prosecco Pop is a medium warm gold which
is inspired by liquid gold and Champagne Pop is a soft gold with pinky peach undertones. When I mixed the two, the result was exactly that, a peachy golden champagne of course!

Champagne Pop & Prosecco Pop mixed

top: champagne pop - bottom:  prosecco pop


There are a bunch of tips on the Sephora website on how to mix the products, which I will include here:
HIGHLIGHTER:
-Highlight the high points of the face.
-Create a shimmering eye look over a shadow.
-Create a metallic eye-lined look.
-Tap over a gloss to create a foiled effect on the lips. (I WILL BE TRYING THIS!!)
 
BLUSH & HIGHLIGHTER:
-Layer Rose Spritz over Pamplemousse on the apples of the cheeks, follow with Champagne Pop to highlight the cheekbones.
- Also try the reverse order: Amaretto over Rose Spritz and Pamplemousse over Amaretto.
-Mix Pamplemousse and Champagne Pop for a soft pink highlight color and apply to the tops of your cheekbones.
-Mix Amaretto with Prosecco Pop for a warm highlight and apply to the tops of your cheekbones.


 In the end, I am highly satisfied with my decision to purchase this. A regular compact of a Pressed Skin Perfector is 0.28 oz and costs $38, and these highlighters are 0.19 oz each, but getting 2 highlighters and 3 blushes for $52 is a steal in my eyes! The packaging is sturdy, yet light -weight and the mirror is perfect!


Cheers!
Xo Tres Chic
Ps: You better believe I'll be going back for that eyeshadow palette! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment