Friday, June 10, 2016

DIY: Magazine Favorites





Do you ever tell yourself you're gonna make a recipe you see in a magazine? Or you see a two page spread about hair styles to try, workouts at home, new makeup looks or even just different topics of advice. You have all intentions of trying these things, but the magazine just gets tossed to the side until you get another one, and another, and then there's a huge stack. That's me. I also just have a thing for keeping magazines. But that's a whole other story.


Recently, I decided to add recipes from magazines to my recipe binder that I bought from Hallmark back in the winter time. 

  I bought some sheet protectors from Target that cost no more than $3.00. I trimmed the rough edges from tearing them out of the magazines, folded them in half and just slid them into the clear sheets. I would prefer the pages to be horizontal and showing the whole recipe page, but since this is the size of the binder I already own, I'm just dealing with it! :)

diy
diy

Easy! Now on to the fun part. Creating a binder with different categories of things I want to keep on hand, from at-home workouts, hair, new makeup trends by season or even just fashion inspiration. Pretty much a create-your-own magazine!



 

I bought a regular sized binder for this from Target along with the dividers.



 

These are the categories that I chose to file things under.  
Beauty, fashion, health, hair, and other.


hair styles magazine



lipstick trends
And that's all! The beginning of my own custom magazine that can be edited whenever!

Xo Tres Chic

No comments:

Post a Comment